top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Heading 5
 Q.  Do I need to get a Marriage License?
 A.  Yes, one can be obtained at any Registry Office in Alberta.  Both parties must be present at the same time, along with some form of Photo ID.  It would be best to call the Registry Office to ensure the proper documents are presented.  The Marriage License is valid for 3 months from the date of issue.
Q:  Is there a fee for the Marriage License?
A:  Yes, there is an approx fee of $60.00, but again call the Registry Office you plan to visit and they can advise the exact amount.  
Q:  What do I need to do to get married?
A:  You need to have a Marriage License and 2 witnesses over the age of 18 at the ceremony.
Q:  Where can I get married?
A:  You can be married at any place of your choosing.  I try to accommodate indoor and outdoor location requested as much as possible.
Q:  How much does it cost to get married?
A:  The fee is $300 and there may be an additional fee for travel outside the city limits of Red Deer.
Q:  How far in advance do I need to book?
A:  If you wish to be confirmed for a specific date/time, then booking sooner than later is better.  There is always room for a last-minute ceremony if you are flexible with the date/time.
Q:  Can we do our own vows?
A:  Yes, of course.  Once you get your Marriage License, I arrange an appointment where we can meet and discuss the ceremony.   Your input is valuable at this time, to ensure the finished product is what you both were hoping for. 
Q:  Do you require a deposit:
A:  No, I do not require a financial deposit, but I do ask for a confirmation of commitment via email from you both to reserve your date/time.
Q:  Will we be provided with a Certificate after the ceremony?
A:  I will provide you with a signed Marriage Statement after the ceremony.  You can also apply for a formal Marriage Certificate from Vital Statistics through any Registry Office after the ceremony.  There is usually a 10-14 day waiting period to ensure all papers are filed and processed by Vital Statistics.
Q:  We have both been divorced and would like to include our children in the ceremony?
A:  Yes, I have vows that can be exchanged with either parent and a child/ren as well as vow exchanges when we are blending children from previous relationships into the family unit.
bottom of page